Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Stuff I Love-Sixth Edition

THE CHARACTER OF MATT SARACEN ON FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS-SOMETHING I LOVE



Everybody loves an underdog, and Matt Saracen is the ultimate underdog. First of all, if you're not watching Friday Night Lights, you are missing out of one of the best written, best acted shows currently on network TV. And don't give me that "I don't like football, I'm not going to watch it," junk. I'm not really a fan of the show Who Wants to Be A Millionaire, but it didn't stop me from seeing Slumdog. Just watch the first season, it's all on hulu. Trust me.

Beyond any shadow of a doubt, Matt Saracen is the most likable character I've seen on any TV show I've ever watched. It's impossible not to root for him-from the second you meet him in the first episode, to when he gets thrown unexpectedly into the game, you desperately want him to succeed. And his love story with Julie Taylor, well, if that doesn't just melt your heart you might not be human. Plus, he's a damn good quarterback. Damn good.

I wont give away much more. Watch the show. You'll see what I mean.

7 comments:

Max Nova said...

Oh sweet Jesus yes. He's probably the best developed and most human character on tv, and he does it by saying so little. Hell even sullen, sexy Tim Riggins talks a blue streak.

I have no idea what they will do with the show next season, as everyone is graduating, finally, but it's still such quality.

Amen I'm not the only one still watching.

Stephen said...

I haven't seen the show, I'll check it out.

Daniel said...

Glad you watch too, Max. And yeah, it's great how little he speaks-it makes his words mean so much when he does, i.e. the dinner with coach and Smash.

Sometimes the show is so real I feel like it really is a documentary.

ali d said...

FNL is one of the shows I'm going to watch nonstop if I ever lose my job. All of the TV critiques that I've read ever typically say it's the best show out there, but I just feel like I'm already in the middle of catching up on so many other shows. Now I'm just that much more amped up for it.

Stephen said...

Wow, I was expecting a watered-down TV version of varsity blues, but this is much more interesting. I'm watching season one on hulu.com and I'm hooked. Thanks for the recommendation!

Jason Heat said...

I have a hard time watching TV on my computer, but maybe I should give HULU a shot. A lot of people seem to be talking about it. Can you go full screen?

Daniel said...

yes you can go full screen. and watch in 480i!