Monday, January 12, 2009

Call to Service

I just received an e-mail from my good friend Michelle Obama, and thought I would share the link here. It's a call to service on January 19th, Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Service for your country, state, or community, they're not picky. Follow the link to search for events near you where you can volunteer your time.

http://usaservice.org/page/content/calltoservice/

On another note, can you believe Barack Obama is going to be our President in one week?

2 comments:

Max Nova said...

I will write a longer diatribe on volunteering in the near future, but I will say that volunteering on mlk day ( and Xmas and other holidays) is great, this is not the best location for it this year. Volunteer downtown on the 19th and you may have trouble getting out of DC.

What should be a stressfree and positive experience could be a real pain for people volunteering near all the inaugeral craziness.

That's my word of caution for the day.

Mia said...

I'm excited to see this continued encouragement for citizens to stay involved post-election. I could get behind more days of service like this one.

Since not all the events take place in DC, Max's advice is TRULY valid, yet doesn't negate the feasibility of participation!