Friday, January 16, 2009

No Seriously, Why Do You Keep Doing This to Me?

I woke up with every expectation that today was going to be a good day, and then I immediately saw this -
Keanu Reeves set to star as Spike in live action version of Coyboy Bebop
and I just don't know quite how I'm going to recover from that.

Now, I'm not the world's biggest Keanu hater out there, and The Matrix is a great movie, but still - Keanu Reeves set to star as one your absolute favorite characters of all time is never a GOOD sign.

Especially not when our own Dan Strauss is out there waiting and ready for just this moment.


I don't know, maybe I can still hold out hope that they won't make a public travesty of one of my favorite stories ever. I mean, that's what I did about The Spirit.

Oh God, I could cry...



6 comments:

David Pratt said...

Could be worse, Batman could be dead.

...hh.

Daniel said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

what a horrible miscasting!

CANCEL PROJECT! CANCEL PROJECT! UNINSTALL! REBOOT!

Unknown said...

One word: "Whoa"

Ozkirbas said...

Read that a while ago, unfortunately. I suggest allowing yourself so time to grieve. Also: It's gonna be in English. I sincerely hope they preserve some aspect of what made that series so fantastic. At least they won't Frank Miller-ify it.

Ozkirbas said...

*some. Some time to grieve.

Daniel said...

man, i make such a great spike. i'm hot.