Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Linkin Park is Terrible

Holy God, Linkin Park is terrible. I don't think Linkin Park has ever put out a single song that you could really look at and say, "hey, no, that's not terrible, that's a pretty good song." I mean, that one song with the good beat at the beginning, you know, from Meteora, that one is like, okay at first, but as soon as the rap and screaming come in, it's like, just forget it, this is terrible. Please loan me a pencil or whatever sharp object you have near you that will kill me as quickly as possible.

I know what you're thinking. Jeez, this guy is such a hater! First, he goes after Train, and now Linkin Park. What a dick! Well, first of all, you're an idiot, and second of all, come on, Linkin Park sucks.

I remember the first time I heard Linkin Park song. It was "One Step Closer." I saw the video on TV. If you haven't seen this thing, you have to see it to believe it.



I couldn't believe my eyes. Nothing about this video was any good-green monks? Dudes upside down? Spiked hair? And the music. Good lord, the music. It's not even a song. Mel Brooks once said about rap music that "It's not even a song. Somebody is just declaring." I don't feel that way about most rap, but that describes this song perfectly. There is nothing melodic or redeeming about this "song." It is through and through trash. The part at the end when he hits that "shut up when I'm talking to you-" seriously? Now it's not only bad, the song is attacking me!

I remeber exact what I thought, because it was the same thing I thought when I first heard 50 Cent's song "Wankster." I thought, "Oh, this is awful. No one will buy this. Everyone will see that this is formulaic junk and it'll fizzle out after this single."

It was right around that time that I started to lose my faith in humanity.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Wanksta" is a magnificent piece of aural art, nay, piece of beauty, matched nor equalled by any piece of music released in the last 60 years. I weep for your future if you can't see the obvious genius inherent in such lyrics as "Gorilla Unit cuz they say we bugged out/Cuz we don't go nowhere without toast we thugged out". You must lead a sad and lonely existence, Daniel.